WINNING IN THE BATTLE OF LIFE
1 SAMUEL 17: 37-50. JOHN 17: 11b-19
As we discuss this topic today, I wish to establish the fact that we are not just physical being. We are both spiritual and physical in our personality. The scripture says according to 1 Peter 2:5, you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
This is also confirmed in John 4:24, God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”
Either you are born again or not, these two personalities is present in you. It is awesome when you are in Christ because you are empowered to be victorious in the spiritual which is the determinant of what happens in the physical. Judges 5: 19 “Kings came, they fought, the kings of Canaan fought. At Taanach, by the waters of Megiddo, they took no plunder of silver. 20 From the heavens the stars fought, from their courses they fought against Sisera.
There exist a spiritual battle over every life, whether you are aware or not. Permit me to say that, the powers of the kings of the air prefer that you don’t know. Hence the reason for blocking the spirituality of many.
After establishing this fact, How do you win both the Spiritual and physical battle?
1. DON’T PRETEND TO BE WHO YOU ARE NOT, 1 SAMUEL 37 The Lord who rescued me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will rescue me from the hand of this Philistine.” Saul said to David, “Go, and the Lord be with you.” 38 Then Saul dressed David in his own tunic. He put a coat of armor on him and a bronze helmet on his head. 39 David fastened on his sword over the tunic and tried walking around, because he was not used to them. “I cannot go in these,” he said to Saul, “because I am not used to them.” So he took them off.
ACT 19 13 Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who were demon-possessed. They would say, “In the name of the Jesus whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out.” 14Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. 15One day the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?” 16Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all. He gave them such a beating that they ran out of the house naked and bleeding.
2. GET CONNECTED TO GOD, JOHN1 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
1 PETER 2, 9But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
REVELATION 5: 10, And you have caused them to become a Kingdom of priests for our God. And they will reign on the earth.”
3. BE TRAINED AND WORK WITH IT 1 SAMUEL 17 40 Then he took his staff in his hand, chose five smooth stones from the stream, put them in the pouch of his shepherd’s bag and, with his sling in his hand, approached the Philistine.
2 TIMOTHY 3, 14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it 15 and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
4. LET NO ONE DESPICE YOU AND FIGHT IN THE NAME OF THE LORD (JESUS)
1 SAMUEL 17 41 Meanwhile, the Philistine, with his shield bearer in front of him, kept coming closer to David. 42 He looked David over and saw that he was little more than a boy, glowing with health and handsome, and he despised him. 43 He said to David, “Am I a dog, that you come at me with sticks?” And the Philistine cursed David by his gods. 44 “Come here,” he said, “and I’ll give your flesh to the birds and the wild animals!”45 David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.
5. DON’T KEEP QUIET, SPEAK THE WORD, 1 SAMUEL 1746 This day the Lord will deliver you into my hands, and I’ll strike you down and cut off your head. This very day I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds and the wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. 47 All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.”
COLOSIANS 316 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.
6. FACE IT DON’T RUN OR QUIT 1 SAMUEL 17 48 As the Philistine moved closer to attack him, David ran quickly toward the battle line to meet him. 49 Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck the Philistine on the forehead. The stone sank into his forehead, and he fell facedown on the ground. 50 So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; without a sword in his hand he struck down the Philistine and killed him.
FACE THAT FAMILY CHALLENGE
FACE THAT IMMIGRATION ISSUE
FACE THAT MARITAL DELAY
FACE THAT ACADEMICAL TROUBLE
FACE THAT SICKNESS, SPEAK DON’T KEEP QUIET
FACE THAT FINANCIAL CONSTRAINS
FACE IT, FACE IT, FACE IT. FACE IT
FACE IT BOTH SPIRITUALLY AND PHYSICALLY
FIGHT THAT NIGHTMARE, RISE AND FIGHT IT
FIGHT THAT DEPRESSION AND SAY NO MORE
FIGHT THAT EMOTIONAL ABUSE AND SAY I AM BIGGER THAN THAT
FIGHT IN YOUR PRAYER
FIGHT IN YOUR APPROACH
KEEP FIGHTING UNTIL YOU WIN.