TEXT: Genesis 32:22
Preacher: The Revd Canon Adebayo Adenekan
The power of the Lord is unlimited and can never fail. Several times the power of the Lord delivered and set many free in the scriptures.
In our days, we are all witness to His power in one way or the other.
That power is the same power that raised Jesus from the dead. ROMANS 8: 10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life[d] because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of[e] his Spirit who lives in you.
To harvest connote that a farmer has one time or the other labored to sow the seed, cleared the weeds and wait for harvest.
In this Church, we are in the era of harvest according to the word of the Lord.
No wonder after the fight Jacob had with the Angel, there comes the time of harvest in blessing, this resulted in a change of name that brought about change of destiny. So that, he who was a cheat became blessed and a blessing.
In this era of harvesting His power,
• THE BARREN SHALL REJOICE FOR HAVING HIS/HER OWN, ISIAH 54: 1 “Sing, barren woman, you who never bore a child; burst into song, shout for joy, you who were never in labor; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband,” says the LORD.
• THOSE IN BONDAGE WILL REJOICE FOR DELIVERANCE BECAUSE…. ISIAH 49: 24 Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered?
25 But thus saith the Lord, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.
• THOSE WHO ARE SICK SHALL BE HEALED,
MALACHI 4: 1“Surely the day is coming; it will burn like a furnace. All the arrogant and every evildoer will be stubble, and the day that is coming will set them on fire,” says the Lord Almighty. “Not a root or a branch will be left to them. 2But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays. And you will go out and frolic like well-fed calves. 3Then you will trample on the wicked; they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day when I act,” says the Lord Almighty.
ISIAH 53: 4 Surely, he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
• THOSE TERMED TO BE FAILURES OR NOT RECOGNIZED SHALL RECEIVE NEW GRACE FOR EXCELLENT RESULT AND WILL BECOME NOTICEABLE. JUDGES 11: 11 Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty warrior. His father was Gilead; his mother was a prostitute. 2 Gilead’s wife also bore him sons, and when they were grown up, they drove Jephthah away. “You are not going to get any inheritance in our family,” they said, “because you are the son of another woman.” 3 So Jephthah fled from his brothers and settled in the land of Tob, where a gang of scoundrels gathered around him and followed him. 4 Sometime later, when the Ammonites were fighting against Israel, 5 the elders of Gilead went to get Jephthah from the land of Tob. 6 “Come,” they said, “be our commander, so we can fight the Ammonites.” 7 Jephthah said to them, “Didn’t you hate me and drive me from my father’s house? Why do you come to me now, when you’re in trouble?” 8 The elders of Gilead said to him, “Nevertheless, we are turning to you now; come with us to fight the Ammonites, and you will be head over all of us who live in Gilead.” 9 Jephthah answered, “Suppose you take me back to fight the Ammonites and the Lord gives them to me—will I really be your head?” 10 The elders of Gilead replied, “The Lord is our witness; we will certainly do as you say.” 11 So Jephthah went with the elders of Gilead, and the people made him head and commander over them. And he repeated all his words before the Lord in Mizpah.
• THOSE WHO MARRIAGE WALL HAS BEEN BATTERED OR BROKEN SHALL RECEIVE RESTORATION, PSALM 118:15 Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: “The LORD’s right hand has done mighty things!
• THE HOPELESS SHALL RECEIVE HOPE AND STRENGTH, JOB 14: 7 “At least there is hope for a tree: If it is cut down, it will sprout again, and its new shoots will not fail. 8 Its roots may grow old in the ground and its stump die in the soil, 9 yet at the scent of water it will bud and put forth shoots like a plant.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO ENJOY THIS HARVEST? Genesis 32:22-30
a. Be separated / set apart for the Lord
b. Be persistent
c. Speak up – make your request known
d. Believe you have received it
e. Go on rejoicing
SONG: The power the power the Pentecostal power is just the same today, no matter what they say the power the power the Pentecostal power is just the same