The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid?
WHAT DOES FEAR MEAN
Several definition of fear are:
- A feeling induced by perceived danger or threat
- To feel worried and afraid that something bad will happen or has already happened
- To worry or feel nervous about something
I see fear as the absence of confidence. Anyone gets worried and troubled over issue when they have lost confidence in God. It is Satan’s instrument to hold people in bondage and or torment them. (1 John 4:18). As long as Adam and Eve remained in fellowship with God, confidence to move around was in them but immediately sin came, fear followed. Genesis 3:10, He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”
Fear exists in our day to day activity. The way and manner with which we handle it depends on our knowledge of God. The more of God you know the less of fear in you.
WHY ARE PEOPLE AFRAID
- Marital delay
- Matrimonial challenges
- Witches and wizards
- Unknown tomorrow
- Sick and afraid of death
- Terrific dream
- Pregnant and fear of safe delivery
- Fear of driving,
- Fear of flying,
- Fear of heights,
- Fear of drowning
- Fear of death
These are among many things that makes people to be afraid.
CONQUERING YOUR FEAR
- CONSTANT FEEDING ON THE WORD OF GOD- Colossians 3:16, Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.
- BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD – 2 Timothy 1:7, For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
- SPEAK THE WORD TO YOURSELF ALWAYS – Isaiah 51:16, And I have put my words in your mouth and hidden you safely in my hand. I stretched out the sky like a canopy and laid the foundations of the earth. I am the one who says to Israel, ‘You are my people!'”
- FACE IT – 1 Samuel 17: 48 As the Philistine moved closer to attack him, David ran quickly toward the battle line to meet him.49 Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck the Philistine on the forehead. The stone sank into his forehead, and he fell face down on the ground. 50 So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; without a sword in his hand he struck down the Philistine and killed him.
- CELEBRATE PAST VICTORIES – 1 Samuel 17: 37, The Lord who rescued me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will rescue me from the hand of this Philistine.”
Your daily positive confession will go a long way to make you overcome your fear. Never allow fear to subject you and obstruct you from achieving success. Remember, Fear is false evidence that appears real. The scriptures say in Daniel 11:32b, ..But the people who know their God will firmly resist him.
GOD BLESS YOU